[SciPy-user] Problem with Windows Scipy 0.5

Tony Triolo atriolo at research.telcordia.com
Thu Aug 31 14:40:35 EDT 2006

I've been trying to use Scipy 0.5 with Python 2.4 for Windows and can't
seem to get it to play nicely with any version of Numpy.  Here is what I
have tried along with the result:

*********************************
Python 2.4.3 (#69, Mar 29 2006, 17:35:34) [MSC v.1310 32 bit (Intel)] on
win32

    Personal firewall software may warn about the connection IDLE
    makes to its subprocess using this computer's internal loopback
    interface.  This connection is not visible on any external
    interface and no data is sent to or received from the Internet.

IDLE 1.1.3
>>> import numpy,scipy
Overwriting info=<function info at 0x00EB83F0> from scipy.misc.helpmod
(was <function info at 0x00E6BEF0> from numpy.lib.utils)
Overwriting who=<function who at 0x00EAF730> from scipy.misc.common (was
<function who at 0x00E6BE30> from numpy.lib.utils)
Overwriting source=<function source at 0x00EBD570> from
scipy.misc.helpmod (was <function source at 0x00E6BF30> from
numpy.lib.utils)
RuntimeError: module compiled against version 1000000 of C-API but this
version of numpy is 1000002

**********************************

The installer used for Scipy was : scipy-0.5.0.win32-py2.4.exe
and the installer for Numpy was : numpy-1.0b4.win32-py2.4.exe

I've tried Numpy 0.9.8 and 0.9.6 with the same result.  I've also tried
on Windows XP and 2000 machines.

Before I go trying to make my own Numpy and Scipy builds, any ideas on
how I can successfully install SciPy on a Windows machine with the
available binaries?  I don't have an out of the ordinary PC
configuration and figured the binaries on the download site should work
just fine.  Has anyone tested the SciPy install on Win2000 or WinXP
Pentium 4 machines?

Thanks.

-Tony

Anthony A. Triolo, Ph.D.