[SciPy-user] hough transform

stephen emslie stephenemslie at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 14:07:12 EDT 2006

On 8/4/06, Stefan van der Walt <stefan at sun.ac.za> wrote:

> This example is optimised for straight lines.  For a generalised
> transform, one would probably have to do a search through the full
> parameter space.  Then the 'for'-loops might kill performance.  I
> guess the best would be to try and find an article that has an
> algorithm for the specific case you are interested in.

I've been giving this some thought and reading more about the hough
transform. I'm new to image processing but I think I'm getting a better
understanding of how it works.

How about including a hough transform function in scipy? It seems like a
useful function to have in the image processing toolbox, and the line
detection seems fairly straightforward. Stefan's implementation already
looks like a great start.

Is this something that would be useful for others?

(Stefan - sorry for the double mail)

Stephen