[SciPy-user] Building on Windows with the Intel Visual Fortran Compiler

Albert Strasheim fullung at gmail.com
Sat Aug 5 21:22:59 EDT 2006

Hello all

> > AttributeError: MSVCCompiler instance has no attribute 'lib'
>
> That usually means that that compiler never got configured. Check the
> messages
> distutils spits out when it's trying to find a C compiler. You will
> probably
> want to set --compiler on build_clib and build_ext rather than build, too.
> think the passing of information between distutils commands is a little
> screwed
> up; I've never had problems when I explicitly set that information on
> build_clib
> and build_ext, though.

I was doing this already:

python setup.py config --compiler=msvc --fcompiler=intelv build_clib
--compiler=msvc --fcompiler=intelv build_ext --compiler=msvc
--fcompiler=intelv bdist_wininst

Pertinent distutils output:

running config
running build_clib
No module named msvccompiler in numpy.distutils, trying from distutils..
customize MSVCCompiler
customize MSVCCompiler using build_clib
0
1
Could not locate executable ifc
Could not locate executable efort
Could not locate executable efc
Could not locate executable efort
Could not locate executable efc
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\numpy\distutils\fcompiler\intel.py",
line 133, in IntelVisualFCompiler
    ar_exe = MSVCCompiler().lib
AttributeError: MSVCCompiler instance has no attribute 'lib'

Cheers,

Albert