[SciPy-user] No gplt or xplt?

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 10:29:28 EDT 2006

Ron Kneusel wrote:
> Ok, I finally got umfpack built and installed and I get no errors now when I
> do:

> Thanks to all those who helped out!
>
> However, the gplt and xplt packages do not appear to be installed.

They have been removed from the main package. If you really want to use them,
they are in the sandbox. You can edit Lib/sandbox/setup.py to enable building
them. They can be then accessed as scipy.sandbox.gplt, scipy.sandbox.xplt. They
are not supported anymore. gplt, at least, hasn't been ported to numpy at all.
The general recommendation is to use matplotlib instead.

> What
> additional modules are required to get them working?  I'm using Fedora Core
> 5.

Each should work alone. Except that gnuplot itself must be installed for gplt.

--
Robert Kern
robert.kern at gmail.com

 an underlying truth."