[SciPy-user] SciPy with gcc4 and gfortran on OS X

Zachary Pincus zpincus at stanford.edu
Mon Apr 10 05:14:17 EDT 2006

>>> WARNING: cblas module is empty

>>> * If atlas library is not found by numpy/distutils/system_info.py,
>>>  then scipy uses fblas instead of cblas.
>>
>> Should I try anything in particular to see about tracking the
>> problems down on my box? Maybe tell scipy to not use VecLib or
>> whatever (how?) ?
>
> Well, that behavior is a bit wrong since the VecLib framework does
> in fact
> contain all of the ATLAS CBLAS functions. I don't think it contains
> the
> optimized C versions of the LAPACK functions, though.

Is there anything I can do to help track down this slightly wrong
behavior?

Also, in general, should I be building/installing other blas/atlas/
lapack-stuff libs on the mac to get numpy in optimal shape? Or
(modulo wrong behavior) should what numpy provides and what VecLib
provides be all I want?

thanks,

Zach