[SciPy-user] [SciPy-dev] Statistics review months

Matthew Brett matthew.brett at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 06:41:32 EDT 2006

Hi,

> My concern is that this is effort re-inventing a wheel. Would it not
> be better to improve the R interface rather than effectively
> duplicating functionality that's already in R (a Free, and high
> quality piece of software)?

Well, I think the argument would be that if you are writing software
in Python that needs this functionality, then making R and RPy a
dependency is a burden, even if RPy is working perfectly on all
platforms.  It also means that NumPy will be less likely to attract
statisticians, if you still require R for your statistical processing.

Best,

Matthew