[SciPy-user] Statistics review months

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Sat Apr 1 20:51:33 EST 2006

In the interest of improving the quality of the scipy.stats package, I hereby
declare April and May of 2006 to be Statistics Review Months. I propose that we
set ourselves a goal to review each function in stats.py and morestats.py (and a
few others) for correctness and completeness of implementation by the end of
May. By my count, that's about 2.5 functions every day. Surely this is a
reasonable amount of effort for a rather large payoff: a robust, well-tested and
thorough statistics library.

I have added a Wiki page describing the details:

  http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/scipy/wiki/StatisticsReview

Barring any objections, I will be irretrievably creating the ~150 tickets or so
for all of the functions to be reviewed later tonight. So if you object, act fast!

[Disclosure: this idea isn't mine. Eric Jones mentioned it to me once, and I'm
just running with it.]

--
Robert Kern
robert.kern at gmail.com