[SciPy-user] 3d plotting question

Ryan Krauss ryanfedora at comcast.net
Wed Sep 28 17:57:41 EDT 2005

You can actually use Gnuplot from Python.  I have had the best luck with
  the Gnuplot.py package (http://gnuplot-py.sourceforge.net/).  If it
doesn't implement the features you want, you can send pure gnuplot code
from your python script to the gnuplot session.

Mayavi is pretty good but I think a bit more complicated
(http://mayavi.sourceforge.net/).  It can do some neat animations.  But,
it doesn't do as nice a job of generating post-script files as gnuplot.
  I use mayavi for animations and gnuplot.py for print quality graphics.

Ryan