[SciPy-user] More installation troubles

Todd Miller jmiller at stsci.edu
Fri Sep 9 11:12:36 EDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-09-08 at 07:43, Pearu Peterson wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Sep 2005, Alexander Borghgraef wrote:
>
> <snip>
> > Yep. Removing numarray solved that problem. Now I'm back to the include
> > problem described in my other post.

I had some comments and questions about this:

1.  numarray and Numeric/scipy coexist fine for me.  numarray can't yet
replace Numeric in scipy but using both has not been a problem.

2. I can't reproduce the problem with Numeric importing numarray's
dotblas during scipy setup but if there is one, we want to fix it.
What's your OS and compiler toolset?  What versions of
numarray/Numeric/scipy did you install?

3. Has anyone else ever seen a problem with numarray's dotblas
conflicting with Numeric's dotblas during scipy installation?

Thanks,
Todd