[SciPy-user] Gamma distribution questions

Jinsheng you youjins_scipy at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 8 17:26:59 EDT 2005

I have some projects related to the gamma distribution.   would you please
help me with these:

1) Assuming that I have a gamma distribution dataset, how can I estimate
parameters such as alpha, beta from the dataset.

2) assuming that I know the alpha and beta of the distribution, how can I
get the value for a given probability.

3) assuming that I know the alpha and beta of the distribution, how can I
get the probability for a given x.

Thank you so much.