[SciPy-user] Setting include dirs

Alexander Borghgraef alexander.borghgraef.rma at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 09:00:54 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I'm trying to install SciPy 0.3.2, but it gets stuck at the compilation of
build/src/fortranobject.c.
The problem seems to be that it doesn't find Numeric/arrayobject.h which is
quite understandable since on the line before the error message I see the
following:

compile options: '-Ibuild/src -I/usr/include/python2.3 -c'

Since I don't have root access to this machine, I installed Numeric locally,
so the compile options should contain -I$HOME/local/inlcude/python2.3 . I
did add the local directory to the PYTHON_INCLUDES environment variable, and
the numpy info line at the beginning of the install run seems to find it
too:

numpy_info:
FOUND:
define_macros = [('NUMERIC_VERSION', '"\\"24.0b2\\""')]
include_dirs = ['/homes/morlet/aborghgr/local/include/python2.3']

Strangely, it does not get included for compilation somehow. Any ideas on
how to fix this?

--
Alex Borghgraef