[SciPy-user] Units in SciPy

Gary pajer at iname.com
Thu Mar 31 09:29:53 EST 2005

Duncan Child wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We have been using the units package written by Michael Aivaziz which
> is available here:

[...]

> 1) any interest out there in us putting a units package into scipy?

I've tried units packages in other systems. (notably Mathcad)  After 30
minutes I abandon them.  Much typing, little payback.

> 2) any preference for a particular implementation? Unum, etc.
> 3) does anyone have input or suggestions regarding the temperature issue?

This may be the same as the Scientific Python solution (which I don't
quite understand):    two units, degC and Cdeg.   100 degC = 373 K.
100 Cdeg = 100 Kdeg.

The standard physics text Halliday, Resnick and Walker (and its
offspring Cummings, et al) do it that way.

-gary