[SciPy-user] advice on scipy installation

Darren Dale dd55 at cornell.edu
Mon Mar 14 10:02:30 EST 2005

On Monday 14 March 2005 09:28 am, Andrew D. Fant wrote:
> Darren Dale wrote:
> > By the way, is anyone on this list working on, or interested in working
> > on, the scipy ebuild for gentoo? This bugfix brings the ebuild one step
> > closer to completion.
>
> Darren,
>     I've been following the ebuild saga and wouldn't mind lending a hand
> with testing and the like.  Are you following the bugs related to it in
> bugzilla?

I have been following the bugzilla page. In fact, I made the last five posts
to that page.

I got the ball rolling on changes to the numeric ebuild, so it would link to
existing lapack, blas, and atlas libraries. The official ebuild just installs
the libraries shipped with numeric. They havent ironed out all the wrinkles
on all the platforms, but I expect the numeric changes will soon be part of
the official gentoo tree.

Once they get numeric figured out, we can copy numeric's atlas/lapack/blas
dependencies into the scipy ebuild. Now that site.cfg is being read during
the build, I think I can get the ebuild working. I'll check with the gentoo
devs and see whats happening with numeric.

--

Darren