[SciPy-user] Plot vectors at specified (x,y) locations?

Gary Ruben gruben at bigpond.net.au
Mon Mar 14 05:08:00 EST 2005

 From gnuplot's help:

vectors

The vectors style draws a vector from (x,y) to (x+xdelta,y+ydelta).
Thus it requires four columns of data.  It also draws a small arrowhead
at the end of the vector.

Example:
       plot 'file.dat' using 1:2:3:4 with vectors head filled lt 2

Here's a gnuplot example of a vector field plot:
<http://gnuplot.sourceforge.net/demo_4.1/vector.html>
If you don't find out how to do it with xplt, try gnuplot.py to drive
gnuplot to do what you want.

Gary R.