[SciPy-user] Tiger and scipy

Brian Granger bgranger at scu.edu
Wed Jun 22 02:59:26 EDT 2005

Hello all,

I wanted to see what the status of scipy on Mac OS X, 10.4 was.  I
just installed the CVS version of scipy on Tiger, but I had to use
gcc 3.3 (sudo gcc_select 3.3).  I got the same error that others have
seen when I used gcc4.0.  Any word on how to resolve this problem
with gcc4.0?

Also, I have been playing with the bdist_mpkg command that comes with
py2app (from the PyObjC project).  This makes it nearly trivial to
build a double clickable Mac installer for scipy.  Has anyone else
done this yet?  Also, has anyone made installer packages for the
other dependencies (g77 and fftw) yet?  With a little work, it should
be possible to have a single metapackage for scipy that make
installation on a Mac trivial.  Anyone else interested in helping
with this?

Cheers

Brian