[SciPy-user] Re: Enthought python

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu_r at users.sf.net
Tue Jul 19 12:03:02 EDT 2005

    Ryan> I tried placing vtkRenderingPythonTkWidgets.dll in all of
    Ryan> the places you mentioned with no success.

    Ryan> I went into def vtkLoadPythonTkWidgets(interp): and
    Ryan> specifically appended the pathlist with a location where I
    Ryan> had the dll installed:
    Ryan> pathlist.append('C:\\Python23\\Lib\\site-packages\\vtk_python\\vtk\\tk')

Hmm, I replied in a hurry.  Is C:\\Python23\\Scripts in your PATH?  If
it is not then that might be the cause.  For some reason this DLL has
to be in your PATH.

Alternatively, if C:\\Python23 is in your path, then put the dll there
and test.

I am not sure about why and how this happens since I've never had the
chance to fully debug this.

HTH,

cheers,
prabhu