[SciPy-user] pycrust

Ryan Krauss ryanfedora at comcast.net
Wed Jul 13 11:02:56 EDT 2005

As long as you use the TkAgg backend, I was able to use matplotlib and
scipy with pycrust:
import pylab
from scipy import *
x=arange(0,1,0.1)
y=sin(2*pi*x)
pylab.plot(x,y)
pylab.show()

The only catch is that once you show() your plots, you have to close
them all before you can do anything else in the command window (because
gui_thread doesn't work).

While pycrust and its variants form a nice environment, the editor
associated with them is pretty plain and the history mechanism isn't
persistant (i.e. it doesn't remember commands after you close it and
restart it).

Ryan