[SciPy-user] Has some met such a problem? (genetic algorithm bugfix)

Rich Drewes drewes at interstice.com
Sat Jan 22 20:38:51 EST 2005

Qingliang:

I had the same problem you reported trying to use the genetic algorithm
example in scipy:  "attributeError: rv_frozen instance has no attribute
'__getitem__'".

You can solve this by replacing in site-packages/scipy/ga/gene.py the line:

f = rv.norm(old,w)[0]

with:

f = rv.norm.rvs(old,w)[0]

I'm guessing that the interface to the Gaussian routine changed at some
point and nobody back-ported a change to the genetic algorithm test program.

With this change, the example program runs correctly.

Rich Drewes