[SciPy-user] Install problem - Overwriting message when importing scipy

Pearu Peterson pearu at scipy.org
Wed Dec 21 08:08:09 EST 2005

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005, Pearu Peterson wrote:

>>> Arrays are not equal (mismatch 25.0%):
>>>         Array 1: [10 10 11 11]
>>>         Array 2: [10 10 10 11]
>>
>> Yes, this is a known, platform-dependent bug. Please read the comment in the
>> code for the unit test.
>
> Ok, but what code has the bug? And can we fix it, say, by patching
> cephes/round.c?

It turns out that round function that is defined in cephes/round.c, is
never called. When I renamed round to cephes_round, and modified cephes.h
and _cephesmodule.c accordingly, correct round functions is called and all
special tests pass succesfully.

But before applying this patch, I would like to understand why cephes
round function in not effective. Anyone have any ideas?

Oearu