[SciPy-user] scipy 0.4.3 installation to python 2.4.2

Sven Schreiber svetosch at gmx.net
Tue Dec 6 06:01:40 EST 2005

Hi Martin,
I'm a newbie myself and so others may have more accurate answers, but it seems you need to install
scipy-core before scipy and instead of numeric. Check out numeric.scipy.org for that, despite the name.

I was also confused by this state of affairs, and the existence of quite a few (semi-?) official
websites dealing with various incarnations of numeric/scipy contributed at least to my personal
confusion. (No offense intended, just mho.) This is especially sad given that I think scipy is great
-- I'm sure many other newbies never started using scipy because of that, instead of subscribing to
the mailing list like martin and myself.

To be a little more constructive: I think it would already help if some of the webpages were
converted into pointers to the "one and only" numeric/old scipy/new scipy etc. page. (Again, only mho.)

-sven