[SciPy-user] No recent windows binaries?

Robert Kern rkern at ucsd.edu
Mon Aug 29 09:03:02 EDT 2005

Xavier Gnata wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Scipy under Linux is just great but the last release is so old (October
> 9, 2004) that we have to compile the current CVS version.
> It is not really a problem under Linux but it is impossible to do that
> under windows using a free compiler (you need Visual C++ .NET...)

John Hunter has had success compiling matplotlib for Python 2.4.1 on
Windows with mingw.

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2004-December/254826.html

> Is there any python version compiled with a free compiler under windows
> (eg with devcpp)?
>
> Is there more recent precompiled windows versions ?? I do not ask for a
> daily compiled CVS version but compiling only one version per year
> doesn't not make sense IMHO.

Not at the moment, but people are working on cutting one last release
(with binaries) before the big reorganization.

--
Robert Kern
rkern at ucsd.edu

  -- Richard Harter