[SciPy-user] optimize.fsolve

Howey, David A d.howey at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Aug 18 07:14:47 EDT 2005

Hi,

I'm having trouble getting fsolve to work. Does this work in a similar way to matlab's fsolve?

I thought I'd start with something really simple, just solving for where two lines cross (y = ax + b - twice). I implemented a function which takes a vector for x and y (ie. say x[0], x[1]) and 'solves' the two equations, returning F[0] and F[1].

I then call fsolve on this function... unfortunately it seems to just converge on whatever starting guess I give it, or go to massive numbers!

Dave