[SciPy-user] Suggested Linux Distribution?

Greg Novak novak at ucolick.org
Wed Aug 17 15:28:51 EDT 2005

This is somewhat off topic, but the readers of this list should be well
qualified to answer.  I'm having trouble getting scipy to compile on
Fedora Core 4 (see my posting to the scipy-dev list for details), and this
message seems to indicate that it's just not working at the moment:

http://www.scipy.net/pipermail/scipy-dev/2005-June/003041.html

Can people recommend a Linux distribution that "just works" for scientific
computing?  I'm asking the list because I expect that the audience is
similar to me: comfortable using a command line, comfortable building
software, but really not wanting to deal with debugging shared library
problems.

It would probably be better if people replied to me directly and then I
will summarize the results and re-post to the list.  It seems like this
would avoid a lot of redundant posts and also the potential flame war.

Thanks for any input,
Greg