[SciPy-user] finding approximate rank of matrix

Dr Seth OLSEN s.olsen1 at uq.edu.au
Thu Aug 4 01:38:03 EDT 2005

Hi Dan,

You should be able to do this with a singular value decomposition.  The
singular values will tell you the projection along each corresponding
vector.  Choose a threshold for the singular value and take the vectors
corresponding to values above that - these should define your subspace.

Cheers,

Seth

ccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccms

Dr Seth Olsen, PhD
Postdoctoral Fellow, Biomolecular Modeling Group
Centre for Computational Molecular Science
Chemistry Building,
The University of Queensland
Qld 4072, Brisbane, Australia

tel (617) 33653732
fax (617) 33654623
email: s.olsen1 at uq.edu.au
Web: www.ccms.uq.edu.au

ccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccms