[SciPy-user] scipy, numeric, numarray, pytables/hdf5 & ?numeric3/scipy.base

Gerald Richter richter at hephy.oeaw.ac.at
Tue Apr 26 09:36:20 EDT 2005

Hi George!

The interface of pytables does, at least in the specs, define the
possibility to read the data, yielding the format-flavour numeric, as well
as numarray and the basic python lists.
Out of no known reason, I up until now have failed to get numeric arrays,
but a simple workarround-method can convert lists to numeric types on the
fly, so this is nothing to worry about.

IMHO this is no de facto compatibility problem, but just a matter of a
simple conversion.
For me, and the high-energy physics data that I'm storing in hdf-files for
analysis this combination works perfectly.

regards,
Gerald Richter.