[SciPy-user] Undefined symbol "ATL_cpttrsm"

Pearu Peterson pearu at scipy.org
Sun Oct 31 17:19:56 EST 2004

On Mon, 1 Nov 2004, Lee Harr wrote:

>> atlas or atlas_r should be the last in library names list. So try changing
>> 'atlas' to 'atlas_r' in calc_info method of atlas_info class and undo your
>> changes in atlas_threads_info, ..
>>

> Ok.. I changed ...
>
>   def calc_info(self):
>       lib_dirs = self.get_lib_dirs()
>       info = {}
>       atlas_libs = self.get_libs('atlas_libs',
>                                  self._lib_names + ['atlas'])
>       lapack_libs = self.get_libs('lapack_libs',['lapack'])
>

> to ...
>
>   def calc_info(self):
>       lib_dirs = self.get_lib_dirs()
>       info = {}
>       atlas_libs = self.get_libs('atlas_libs',
>                                  self._lib_names + ['atlas_r'])
>       lapack_libs = self.get_libs('lapack_libs',['lapack'])
>

> but I still get ...
>
> ImportError: /usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages/scipy/linalg/clapack.so:
> Undefined symbol "clapack_sgesv"

Symbol "clapack_sgesv" should be defined in atlas liblapack.{a,so}. But
this may be different in freebsd. Try changing 'lapack' to 'alapack' or
'alapack_r'.

Note that I am just guessing here, so, if you get more undefined symbol
errors then try to find out yourself where these symbols are defined using nm,
for instance, and modify library name lists accordingly. Let us know about
the results.

Thanks,
Pearu