[SciPy-user] Sparse class not working

Travis Oliphant oliphant at ee.byu.edu
Tue Oct 26 18:33:02 EDT 2004

David Grant wrote:

> Travis Oliphant wrote:
>
>> David Grant wrote:
>>
>>> Has anyone been able to get scipy.sparse to work?  Just running the
>>> Sparse.py file I get the following:
>>>
>> Yes, rest assured that Sparse matrices work.
>> However,  the code at the bottom of the file does not work.  It is
>> based on an older idea for sparse matrices.
>>
>> You can look in the test directory under test_Sparse.py for tests
>> that actually run and should pass.
>>
>> I need to update this code down at the bottom of Sparse.py  so for
>> now you should ignore it.
>>
> Travis,
>
> How hard would it be for me to get CVS access to scipy?  This is
> something I could have easily fixed.  Or I could help add some
> documentation here and there.  It's a lot easier than making patches
> and emailing them... makes it easier to contribute, even if
> contributions are small.
>
> I'm not sure what your developer structure is, and how open it is.

It's pretty open.  Basically, CVS read access is open to everybody.

We are working on a system for easy documentation contribution that
should be available soon.

There are quite a few people who get write access to CVS and it is not
difficult to become one of them.  Basically showing interest is a big step.