[SciPy-user] the meaning of c_ and r_

Alan G Isaac aisaac at american.edu
Thu Oct 21 21:56:42 EDT 2004

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004, Robert Kern apparently wrote:
> That's a little murky license-wise. We want to keep
> everything BSD-licensed, and I assume that the original
> sources for these functions are GPLed.

I hope that in such circumstances Gerald will take the extra
step of informing the author of the Octave function of his
translation and, as a matter of politeness as well as of
possible licensing issues, request permission to release
this Python code under the BSD license.  Ideally SciPy will
have some arrangement for archiving such permissions.

fwiw,
Alan Isaac