[SciPy-user] Enthon for the Mac

Robert Kern rkern at ucsd.edu
Wed Nov 24 12:38:13 EST 2004

Gary Pajer wrote:
> Robert Kern wrote:
>
>> I'm gearing up to make binary packages for Scipy et al. for Mac OS X.
>> I hope that these might be considered collectively as
>> Enthought-Edition Python ("Enthon") for the Mac.
>>
> Maybe a dumb question from a sometimes (but never comfortable) Mac
> user:  is this a fink package or a "framework" package?

Framework package. The goal is to make something that a user can install
and have running without installing anything else, so it is going to use
the pre-installed Python (or install its own in the case of Python 2.4).

The current plan, so fas as I've worked it out is now on the Wiki:

http://www.scipy.org/wikis/featurerequests/MacEnthon

--
Robert Kern
rkern at ucsd.edu