[SciPy-user] Re: Scipy.org layout

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Thu Nov 18 13:54:25 EST 2004

Hey Travis,

Travis N. Vaught schrieb:

> I just looked into this and I'm running into a limitation of the
> Structured Text processor.  From a docstring in ClassicStructuredText.py:
>
> - Sub-paragraphs of a paragraph that ends in the word 'example' or the
>   word 'examples', or '::' is treated as example code and is output as is.
>
> The problem here is that, when using ST, in order to define a
> "sub-paragraph", you have to use white space indentation.  This
> indentation, however, is preserved by the <pre> tag that gets put around
> the sub-paragraph.  Note, the additional space is not a function of the
> style sheet definition for <pre>-- that looks to be OK.

Oh well.  No big deal, all of the work you guys put in yesterday did make big
improvements.  Further work is probably best left for later, when the site
overhaul project goes through.  This will avoid doing work now just to redo it
in a few weeks.

Again, many thanks for spending yesterday on these changes.  Though apparently
minor, they do make a huge usability difference as it is.

best,