[SciPy-user] MDP 1.0.0 and symeig 1.0 released

Pearu Peterson pearu at scipy.org
Tue Nov 16 13:19:41 EST 2004

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 p.berkes at biologie.hu-berlin.de wrote:

> 'symeig' is now distributed also as an independent package:
>
> http://mdp-toolkit.sourceforge.net/symeig.html
>
> Since the LAPACK functions wrapped by 'symeig' seem to be of general
> interest, you might want to consider including it in SciPy. The
> distribution includes the .pyf file used to generate the wrappers, the
> symeig function itself, and a test suite. Tiziano and I are ready to
> help with the inclusion process if needed. 'symeig' is currently released
> under LGPL, but we might change the licence if it conflicts with
> that of SciPy.

I took a quick look at symeig... its .pyf file uses a bit different
"style" compared to what's in linalg/generic_flapack.pyf and so simple
copy&paste may not be appropriate. I think I'll create signatures
for syevr, heevr, sygv, hegv, sygvd, hegvd, sygvx, hegvx myself
and copy the test suite from symeig if that's alright with you.

Pearu