[SciPy-user] SciPy LiveDocs

Travis Oliphant oliphant at ee.byu.edu
Wed Nov 10 14:52:19 EST 2004

Pearu Peterson wrote:

> On Tue, 9 Nov 2004, Travis Oliphant wrote:
>

>> You may be interested in the online, linked documentation located here:
>>
>> http://www.scipy.org/livedocs/
>>
>> (don't forget the / at the end)
>>
>> Eventually, this site will support user feedback, but for the moment,
>> it is a hierarchial documentation index of what is available using
>> the docstrings in the code itself.
>

> I like livedocs/ very much. It's fast (I hope you are not planning to
> expose livedocs/ through plone:) and well accessible compared to
>   http://www.scipy.org/documentation/apidocs

The thought was to do something simple outside of plone, and so I don't
have any such plans.    The Python code that runs the site is very
simple right now (not including the nevow and twisted.web software
itself) so I can grasp it and make changes easily.  I suspect most
Python users could also make changes easily.

-Travis O.