[SciPy-user] Iterative solvers and complex arithmetic

Alan G Isaac aisaac at american.edu
Sat Nov 6 18:31:50 EST 2004

On Thu, 04 Nov 2004, Travis Oliphant apparently wrote:
> By the way,  you don't need from RandomArray import *
> rand is available from scipy

Just for feedback from a newbie: such observations are very
helpful.  In fact I read that early on in the tutorial, but
I had forgotten it.

Thanks,
Alan Isaac

PS The only mention I saw was one sentence under the Common
functions section: "The functions rand and randn are used so
often that they warranted a place at the top level."  This
does not serve as documentation.  If there is an easy way
for me to add to the tutorial when I run across such
instances, I would be happy to do so.