[SciPy-user] Genetic algorithm segment fault

Reggie Smith reg3777 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 26 17:24:50 EDT 2004

Hello everyone. I have a quick question. I'm using the
genetic algorithm module in Scipy 0.3 with Numeric
23.3 and Python 2.3.4 on a Windows 2000 machine. The
GA works fine until it finishes processing the first
generation and tn it crashes due to this line in
ga.py:
Line 236 return self.allele_set.index(self.value()).

I was wondering if anyone knows what would cause this.
Is it a Win32 type issue or is something wrong in my
ga or fitness functions?
Reggie