[SciPy-user] Question re: Building on FreeBSD

Robert Kern rkern at ucsd.edu
Sat Aug 14 19:16:27 EDT 2004

William Blum wrote:
> Okay, count me as another person interested in getting SciPy working on
> FreeBSD...

[snip]

> I went to the mailing archives first, found a message from Pearu
> suggesting the use of -UHAVE_INVERSE_HYPERBOLIC to solve this...
>

> My question is:    where on earth do I need to put that in the setup
> files so that it gets appended as an option to the compiler?

python setup.py build_src build_clib -UHAVE_INVERSE_HYPERBOLIC build_ext
-UHAVE_INVERSE_HYPERBOLIC build install

I generally put all this gunk into a tiny shell script call "mybuild"
and run that every time I need to rebuild SciPy.

I hope this works. I have not tested it, not being on FreeBSD.

--
Robert Kern
rkern at ucsd.edu

   -- Richard Harter