[SciPy-user] gplt and xplt

Steve Schmerler elcorto at gmx.net
Wed Aug 11 16:05:20 EDT 2004

Hi all

When I generate some plots with several data sets in each plot window

    for i in range(n):
        gplt.figure()
        gplt.plot(x1,y1)
        gplt.hold('on')
        gplt.plot(x2,y2)
        [...]

this is _very_ slow compared to e.g. xplt. Any ideas to speed this up?

I'm not using xplt because it crashes my whole Python interpreter (PythonWin
on WinXP) without warning and leaving me with several wgnuplot.exe and
gnuplot_helper.exe processes at 100% CPU action when I try to process the
above loop with data arrays x and y containing numbers > 1e40.

But e.g.

    xplt.plot(array([1,2,3,5,5]),array([1,2,3,4,5e200]))

works (with Numeric.array()).

bye
steve

--
If you can't beat your computer at chess, try kickboxing.