[SciPy-user] xplt documentation

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Wed Apr 28 06:59:36 EDT 2004

Hi Nadav,

First you can try
  help("scipy.xplt")
  help("scipy.xplt.plot")
to get further information.
As xplt is based on pygist this document
  http://bonsai.ims.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~mdehoon/software/python/pygist_html/pygist.html
might help you further.

You wrote that you would like to use xplt interactively -
I am not sure what you mean, e.g. the following works nicely

In [1]: from scipy.xplt import *
In [2]: x=arange(0.0,1.0,0.1)
In [3]: plg(x*x,x)

(the prompt is from Ipython, but the normal python will do as well,
though you'll miss all the nice features of Ipython ;-).
You can still use the mouse to zoom in and such.
To capture a mouse click you can use the mouse function of xplt.

Hope this helps.

Arnd