[SciPy-user] errorbar plot in gplt

John Hunter jdhunter at ace.bsd.uchicago.edu
Mon Apr 26 15:28:10 EDT 2004

>>>>> "danny" == danny shevitz <danny_shevitz at yahoo.com> writes:

    danny> looked great, I shied away for that reason alone. I'm very
    danny> used to Matlab, so the reduced learning curve may make me
    danny> re-evaluate it. If no one can post a working snippet for
    danny> gplot, then I'll have to use Matplotlib.

Fair enough.

Several fairly recent matplotlib additions -- namely a built-in font
manager and the tkagg and wxagg backends make inter-operating with the
enthought python a bit easier.  Earlier versions of matplotlib brought
along several additional dependencies (eg, GTK for GUI and
FontTools/ttfquery for font finding).  Now with the enthought edition
and a recent matplotlib, you get the agg and postscript backends for
pure image generation and the TkAgg and WXAgg backends for GUI
interaction out of the box.

So if you go this route, it should be just one additional windows
installer for you to run.

JDH