[SciPy-user] Re: io.loadmat

Nils Wagner wagner.nils at vdi.de
Tue Oct 14 14:50:05 EDT 2003

-------------------
On Tue, Oct 14, 2003 at 08:11:45PM +0200, Nils Wagner wrote:

[snip]

> The next problem is the version file format of my Matlab file.
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "iotest.py", line 2, in ?
>     io.loadmat("matrizen_red.mat",appendmat=0)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/scipy/io/mio.py", line 372, in loadmat
>     raise ValueError, "Version 5.0 file format not supported."
> ValueError: Version 5.0 file format not supported.
>
> Any idea to circumvent this problem ?

Grab
http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/pdf_doc/matlab/matfile_format.pdf
and add support for Version 5.0 files.

> Nils

Robert,

Thank you for your note. However, I am not the right person for
doing that. It would be great if someone else can do that.
Thanks in advance.

                                       Nils
--
Robert Kern
kern at ugcs.caltech.edu

"In the fields of Hell where the grass grows high
                     -- Richard Harter