[SciPy-user] Parameter errors using leastsq?

Scott Ransom ransom at physics.mcgill.ca
Tue Oct 14 09:36:23 EDT 2003

Hi All,

Does anyone have an example of how to extract the statistical
errors on the fitted parameters from the full_output of
scipy.optimize.leastsq?  Or for that matter, simply the
covariance matrix?  My linear algebra is beyond rusty, and I'm
not sure which of the output arrays are needed for this.

If it is easy, it might make a nice addition to the tutorial
page showing the fitting of a sinusoid to noisy data.

Thanks in advance,

Scott

--
Scott M. Ransom              Address:  McGill Univ. Physics Dept.
Phone:  (514) 398-6492                 3600 University St., Rm 338