[SciPy-user] How do I install SciPy with windows Python 2.3

Travis N. Vaught travis at enthought.com
Thu Oct 9 09:25:17 EDT 2003

Hetal,

If you haven't customized your python installation and you'd like the
'kitchen sink included' approach, I'd recommend getting Python 2.3
(Enthought Edition) which comes with scipy and a ton of other stuff
(including a nice integration of help from the included packages in one
large .chm file).  This is the easiest approach, as it comes with a nice
click-install exe:

http://www.enthought.com/python/

If this doesn't suit your needs, there may be a 0.2 binary for windows
available in the medium term (which means "when we can get to it").
Otherwise, you can get the cvs version and do the usual:

python setup.py install

(after installing any dependencies, of course--read INSTALL.txt, it's
the most authoritative document on building from source)

Regards,

Travis