[SciPy-user] mysterious problem with gplt.png

Christopher Fonnesbeck chris at fonnesbeck.org
Fri Nov 28 22:43:53 EST 2003

I now have scipy more-or-less happily functioning on my OSX machine
(thanks to all that offered help and advice!). I am, however, running
into an odd problem with exporting plots using gplt to a png file.
gplt.png and gplt.output both refuse to output to the specified file,
even though the methods seem to run without error. I'm not even sure
how to debug this. Any ideas? Here is some sample code:

from scipy.gplt import *
def plot_time_series(data,name,xlab='Time',ylab='State'):
	'Plot (mutiple) time series'

	plot(data)
	print 'Plotting',name
	grid('off')
	xtitle(xlab)
	ytitle(ylab)
	png("%s.png" % name)
	close()

Thanks,
--
Christopher J. Fonnesbeck ( c h r i s @ f o n n e s b e c k . o r g )
Georgia Cooperative Fish & Wildlife Research Unit, University of Georgia