[SciPy-user] band matrices in scipy?

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Wed May 28 06:10:01 EDT 2003

Hi,

many thanks for your detailed reply - so it will be
a bit more work than I hoped ;-). But I only heard good things
about f2py, so I will give it a try!

Concerning documentation:

On Mon, 26 May 2003, Pietro Berkes wrote:
[...]
> > b) more importantly: how could I have found this myself?
>
> It would have been difficult. SciPy is in quick development and (as a
> consequence) it lacks of documentation. I think the point is that the main
> developers have too much to do with more important things, while the common
> user finds it difficult to submit documentation patches. Could someone post
> some guidelines about this?

That would be really good!!

> Maybe we could organize a wiki page where to
> collect new documentation.

+"some large number" ;-)

If only each scipy-user submits his simple example to test
his most often used routine + a few lines of documentation this
would help enormously!

Improving documentation (apart from testing and bug reports ;-)
seems to me the place where "we" users could really help.

Arnd