[SciPy-user] Precisions : Install CVS on Mandrake i686

Edouard Oudet oudet at math.u-strasbg.fr
Thu Jan 23 11:49:01 EST 2003

I succeeded now in installing scipy (the main problem was due to the fact
that I didn't use a CVS scipy, shame on me !!). Thanks Pearu for your
suggestions....
Nevertheless, there is still a small problem : I can not load scipy with
the command

>import scipy

I get the error :

ImportError: No module named fastumath
scipy cannot be imported from its source directory.
Change to another directory and try again.

But from the other hand it is possible to load modules with a ''manual

import scipy.linalg

Does anyone have an idea how is it possible to load all scipy in one step.

Thanks a lot, Edouard.

Edouard Oudet
Université Louis Pasteur
7 rue René Descartes