[SciPy-user] Install CVS on Mandrake i686

Utilisateur principal edouard.oudet at wanadoo.fr
Wed Jan 22 10:02:56 EST 2003

I tried to install the CVS version of Scipy on Mabdrake 8.2, arch=i686. After the following steps (suggested by Fernando Perez
 http://www.scipy.org/Members/fperez/Perez/PerezCVSBuild.htm ):

- installing Python+Numerci,
- installing fftw libraries+ extra copy
- installing lapack and blas rpms : blas-3.0-18.i386.rpm and lapack-3.0-9.i386.rpm,
- installing atlas-3.4.1-4mdk.noarch.rpm + succesfull tests,
- creating a complete atlas-lapack library as suggested on atlas web page,
- installing f2py.

I tried to install scipy CVS with the command

>python setup.py build

I first get some problems with the package xplt. I decided to comment the line on this subject in the file setup.py.
Now it is possible to build and install scipy. Furthermore, some packages work (like optimization). Unfortunately, the command

>scipy.test()

gave the lines

No test suite found for scipy.io
 creating test suite for: scipy.linalg.basic
Erreur de segmentation

As an example, it is of course to find  eigenvalues of a matrix (for instance with linalg.eig(rand(3,3))) : it gives

File ...
File ...
File ...
ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/scipy/linalg/flapack.so undefined symbol : min

Is it a problem with my rpm's of lapack ?
Does anyone have an idea ?? Thanks a lot for help !!!!!!!