[SciPy-user] convolve2d.. or Numeric to numarray conversion

Kasper Souren Kasper.Souren at ircam.fr
Sun Feb 16 20:20:28 EST 2003

> Look at the scipy.signal package
>
> info(scipy.signal.convolve)
>
> will do N-D convolution for you.

That's what I had found before. But I didn't mention in the list; in fact I
forgot about it.
It works fine, but only for N = 1...

>>> signal.convolve(zeros((5,5)), zeros((5,5)))
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.2/site-packages/Numeric/Numeric.py", line 205,
in convolve
    return cross_correlate(a,asarray(v)[::-1],mode)
ValueError: Object too deep for desired array

And the zen of this message is yet too deep for me to comprehend. Maybe my
earthly desires are still too grand to commence on this journey ;)

bye,
Kasper