[SciPy-user] Alternative to NumTut's view() function?

Fernando Perez fperez at pizero.colorado.edu
Thu Feb 13 21:00:14 EST 2003

Hi all,

In the past I've used the view() function from NumTut (Numeric's tutorial
package) to view 2-d arrays.  But now something isn't working too well (and
I've seen reports from others on the web about this).  Basically, there seems
to be a threading problem, and the simple act of importing view.py kicks cpu
usage to 100% and makes any interactive work in the python interpreter
impossible.  I tested it both with ipython and a regular python shell.

In the past I'd used it with (I think) RedHat 7.2, now I'm in RedHat 8.0, I
don't know if that matters or not.

At any rate, I wonder if as part of scipy there is anything with similar
functionality.  view() allows one to view 2-d arrays as images, in either
grayscale or color.  Since I don't have high hopes for anyone fixing view(),
and I'm switching to scipy for all my work, I'd be happy to go with a
scipy-based alternative if one exists.

Thanks for any input.

Regards,

Fernando