[SciPy-user] import scipy seg faults

Hartley, Ed e.hartley at lancaster.ac.uk
Mon Feb 10 10:31:08 EST 2003

Hi
the problems I'm having are:
built CVS scipy against Numeric 20.2.0 and got
Numeric cannot import rank
error message
imported Numeric then scipy imported OK ran the scipy.test() Ok

So figured that the version of Numeric I was working with put MA etc in
site-packages not site-packages/Numeric
so got CVS version of Numeric placed in Numerical underneath scipy tree
rebuilt Numeric
rebuilt scipy
ran python imported scipy and got a segmentation fault.

I have since repeated install of both Numeric and SciPy with the install
--force option
with the same result. and repeated above  with non CVS versions of Numeric.

So which versions of Numeric are known to work with the current CVS of SciPy
and
what is needed to get a clean build of SciPy
Regards
Ed Hartley