[SciPy-user] Re: Problem with scipy_distutils

Pearu Peterson pearu at scipy.org
Thu Dec 4 14:07:55 EST 2003

On Thu, 4 Dec 2003, [iso-8859-15] Berthold Höllmann wrote:

> I'm using ifc 7.1 and python 2.3. I found runtime_library_dir_option
> and read the message about some buggy code, but the "-Xlinker" option
> is specific to ifc so I don't think it should be solved in
> distutils/unixccompiler.py, but there where the FORTRAN specific parts
> of the code are defined, so the class intel_ia32_fortran_compiler in
> scipy_distutils/command/build_flib.py would be the place to go, but it
> does not work, maybe because ccoompiler is used for linking instead of
> an fortran_compiler class.

Ok. And now I remembered how to deal with this issue:
Add ifc specific options to the list in get_linker_so method
of the intel_ia32_fortran_compiler class. Let me know if it works,
send a patch and I'll commit it to CVS. If you could check this
patch also on building scipy then that would be really great:)

Pearu