[SciPy-user] Debian package(s) -- preliminary

RA Ralf_Ahlbrink at web.de
Wed Nov 20 08:40:44 EST 2002

I've now seen Pearu's email in scipy-dev archive about the new setup procedure
-- and subscribed to the ml ;-) .
I hope, that  I already used setup_<package>.py correctly.

> 2) python2.[1,2]-weave (or call it -scipy-weave ?) is still missing -- and
> has to be added to "Depends" for python2.[1,2]-scipy. Probably, I'll do it
> this evening.
>    As for scipy and scipy-core I used the (new) setup_<package>.py script
> for creation of the source dist, but for weave I got weave-???.tar.gz.
> setup_weave.py provides no version info?!

So, weave versioning pb is known.

About the naming: Something like 'python-scipy_core' is forbidden for Debian
packages (because, I believe, '_' initiate the version number). Something
like '_alpha_' makes problems, too.

Ralf.